[Clo-devel] learning

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 21 19:23:15 UTC 2003

Erik Enge <erik at nittin.net> writes:
[helpful comments deleted]
>   But trust me on this: these are probably the most powerful editors
>   ever to be written, even if they might look slightly trashy to you ->
>   [leave out the trust me] (you should also mention vi just for good
>   measure; having newbies thinking the must learn Emacs to do CL
>   programming is a tough one to swallow)

Well - it is more or less the reality. You can use vi, that's for
sure, but then nyou can use notepad too. Maybe it's just me, but I
think the eval-S-expr thing is absolutely crucial.

Anyway, I subscribed to the NEdit mailing lists to see if it is
possible to cook up some kind of lisp-mode there.  I love emacs, but I
agree with you 100% that it should not be the only option.

Are there any other known editors that have something like a
lisp-mode, and better, some kind of comint mode?

Regards,
        Mario.