[Clo-devel] learning

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Aug 20 00:19:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:49:47PM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:

> I've updated the "resources & learning" page. It is here:

I second the textual suggestion Erik made, with the following
additions:

 * I wouldn't call CL-Cookbook articles "in-depth". They aren't. ;)

 * Apparently the book to for learning CLOS is <forgot-the-name> by
   Sonya Keene.

 * I'd either leave "Setting Up The Environment" out completely,
   or do it properly with all the requisite hand-holding. Third
   alternative might be to outline the various environment options,
   but that may be a bit overwhelming for a newbie.

 * Mention c.l.l. (with link to Google groups)

> Should I call this page "learning Common Lisp" instead and reshuffle
> everything?

Yes, I think "learning" might make a better title, but instead of
massive resuffling I'd just remove the resource-hub section, *and* the
ALU/CLiki links from the top bar (on every page) and put something
equivalent as the first paragraph of index.html.

> I'm planning to integrate this with the rest of the site soon, if
> nobody objects...

I'm cool with it.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus