[climacs-devel] Re: Couple of first impressions

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Dec 27 20:45:21 UTC 2007

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> I'm consistently getting confused where the focus in Climacs
> is. Sometimes this is because I'm not in the right buffer where I
> thought I was in, sometimes because Climacs is unresponsive, and
> sometimes because Slime is waiting in SLDB.
>
> Also having to switch over to Emacs, type `0' to invoke the right
> restart, and back to Climacs is cumbersome.

The solution is, of course, to use the McCLIM Debugger!

> Maybe it could at least display something to indicate that an error has
> occured.

This may be possible, though I'd rather not perform too much magic in
response to bugs. It makes debugging a pain (once upon a time, Climacs
did eat many errors, and it made me want to tear my hair out. Very
frustrating).

If you implemented such a thing I'd commit it, but I doubt I'll spend
time on it myself.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen