[climacs-devel] update-syntax and delegating buffers

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:55:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

Is your update-syntax method in the cvs? I tried not to break things, sorry...
I suppose we can move name-mixin into extended-standard-buffer's superclass
list. I thought we should perhaps not have extended-*-buffer or climacs-buffer
inherit just about anything, i.e., I'd like to hear arguments for and against
cases like yours.

The rationale for the delegating-buffer is to allow for specifying the buffer
implementation at run time. When implementing it, I found that, in order to
minimize changes in the existing code, the simplest solution was to delegate
the two syntax-related methods, too. However, I had not planned for this, so
please suggest how you would like it changed and I'll try to do it asap.

Regards,
Alex