[climacs-devel] update-syntax and delegating buffers

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 16:42:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

The change to delegating buffers has had a side effect for me: my
UPDATE-SYNTAX method used to be able to obtain the name of the buffer
it was updating for, but it can no longer, because the
delegating-buffer method for update-syntax calls update-syntax on the
implementation buffer, which doesn't mix in the name-mixin class.

Is there a reason for this surrounding method?  Is it simply to save a
generic function call per buffer operation?  Should I not be
attempting to find the name of a buffer from within UPDATE-SYNTAX?

Thanks,

Christophe