[clfswm-devel] How can I put xvkbd on the top?

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:10:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 06:53, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Desmond O. Chang writes:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 07:01, Philippe Brochard
>> <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:

>>> The wanted window is at the end of the (xlib:query-tree *root*). It's
>>> fixed in the last commit.
>>
>> It's not.
>>
> Ok, please can you try it now. I've changed the raise-window function.
> I've grabbed this function from the stumwm code at the clfswm origin and
> this function do the wrong thing in the clfswm case. This resolve
> another bug when moving empty frames.

It's fixed.  But here's another issue: what if I click on the
overlapping area?  clfswm always raises the never managed window even
if it's at the bottom.  Is this natural?

>>> Hum, this works for me. Are you using the xterm (now urxvt with the last
>>> commit)?
>>
>> It doesn't work here.  I use urxvt.
>>
> The corner is 3 pixels large and it is checked before the click is
> passed to the window (clfswm-util.lisp - line 592).
> It works for me with urxvt and now an xterm.
> I don't see what I can do more. Please, can you inspect this function to
> see if it works as expected.

It's also fixed in this commit!

>>> This means it's the new-clx. There has been some bugs fixed in the last
>>> clisp/new-clx (2.49). Maybe you can try with a newer version or with
>>> portable clx.
>>
>> Which is the 'portable' clx?  Do you mean [1]?  Is there any 'de
>> facto' standard version?  They confuse me.
>>
>> [1] http://common-lisp.net/~abridgewater/dist/clx/clx-0.7.4.tgz
>>
> In fact there is at least 3 clx implementations out there.
> clisp has 2 :
>  - mit-clx: the old and slow one. But (for me) the reference.
>  - new-clx: the new one. Faster but bugged until recently (~2 years)
>
> sbcl, ecl uses portable clx : fast and maintained.
>
> cmucl comes with its own clx but I don't know its origins.
>
> More info here:
>
>  http://www.cliki.net/CLX
>
> I try to test all of them before each release.

OK, I'll use the portable one.

Tested on 8398c7f.