[clfswm-devel] How can I put xvkbd on the top?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Feb 14 22:20:59 UTC 2011

Desmond O. Chang writes:

> It's fixed.  But here's another issue: what if I click on the
> overlapping area?  clfswm always raises the never managed window even
> if it's at the bottom.  Is this natural?

Yes it is. Never managed windows are not in the clfswm tree (it's there
function) and so they're on top (like xvkbd or the clfswm terminal) or
on the bottom (like the rox pinboard). So I think they must be easily
traceable.
This window type is for exceptional windows with a specific comportment
outside the standard clfswm comportment.
If one needs floating windows inside a frame there is always unmanaged
windows for this :
second mode (alt+t) -> window menu (w) -> force to not manage the window
by its parent frame (u)

Or for a frame in general:
second mode (alt+t) -> frame menu (f) -> managed window type menu (w)
-> do not manage any window type (u)

[...]

>> http://www.cliki.net/CLX
>>
>> I try to test all of them before each release.
>
> OK, I'll use the portable one.

This is the one I use now with sbcl or clisp.

> Tested on 8398c7f.

Many thanks,

Now there is the crash on reload and the too many flickering problem to
be fixed :)

Philippe