[clfswm-devel] Various ideas and propositions

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Fri Mar 14 01:00:15 UTC 2008

   > First, I think the project lacks a "coding style". I know it is
   > not the priority but I think we should adopt some basic rules to
   > make the contributing experience easier :) I do not know what
   > these rules could be though.

   Hum, a first coding style can be: code simple and explicit things :)
   (I hope that's what I do)

More to come. Yes your function/variable naming seems good to me.
It is simple and crystal clear when reading the code. As told in
another post, I am working on something I'd like to submit to
your critics. Please be patient, it should be ready for next week.

   > Another point. Why not create a directory hierarchy where we
   > could put all the code, documentations, etc ... ? Something like
   > src, doc would be enough to start.

   Yes the doc directory is needed. But I don't really like the src
   directory.

Why ? The main directory should not be too "messy" and just
presents what the project is, how it works and the usual document
(AUTHORS, LICENSE, ...). Since CLFSWM is growing and moving fast,
I feel the need (at least for me) not to "overload" main
directory. What's more, src directory is rather conventional and
well accepted in the hacker community. Once again, that's not so
important :) I do not want you and me to discuss this, we have
better things to do :)

By the way, I think it would be nice to have a TODO/ROADMAP
document to know what directions you want to take and what you
want to see implemented.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org