[clfswm-devel] Various ideas and propositions

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Mar 12 21:53:50 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

> hi,
>
> so I am playing with CLFSWM here for a few days now and here are
> my "reflexions".
>
> First, I think the project lacks a "coding style". I know it is
> not the priority but I think we should adopt some basic rules to
> make the contributing experience easier :) I do not know what
> these rules could be though.

Hum, a first coding style can be: code simple and explicit things :)
(I hope that's what I do)

> Second, we should throw asdf.lisp away. Its place is more in the
> contrib section of the project than in the main area.

Yes, now that there is a contrib directory I think also it's its new
place.

> Another point. Why not create a directory hierarchy where we
> could put all the code, documentations, etc ... ? Something like
> src, doc would be enough to start.

Yes the doc directory is needed. But I don't really like the src
directory.

> I have still tons of remarks but I am finishing writing patches
> to be more constructive.
>
> The points here are all very small and easy to solve (if you want
> to do so).

It's done except for the src directory

> In a next post, I will probably talk about design flaws I see in
> the project in its current state. Do not worry, that's not a big
> deal too :)

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Philippe