[clbuild-devel] restructuring code oranization, was: my-projects?

Albert Krewinkel krewinkel at gmx.net
Mon Dec 15 09:39:03 UTC 2008

David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> writes:

> If we do that, perhaps we would also want to set up
>   wnpp-dependencies
> separately?  Not sure.
>
> To reduce conflicts in dependencies, we might even abandon the
> single-file approach completely and save the dependencies of each
> $project into a file
>   clbuild/dependencies/$project
> (However, it's easy to forget the "darcs add" for that file when adding
> new projects, so this could be more hassle than it's worth.)
>
> Opinions?  Patches?
> d.

I like that idea and may give it a shot as soon as I find the time.

Which brings me to a different topic: Is there a specific reason, that
the clbuild-script is a single file, or did it just grow organicaly that
way?  I ask, since I'd prefer having a `scripts' directory and a main
programm calling only the scripts which are needed.  This could bring
the advantage of somewhat cleaner code at times (at least my
contributions are more of a mess than they have to be due to the current
one-file approach).