[clbuild-devel] restructuring code oranization, was: my-projects?

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Dec 15 10:19:42 UTC 2008

Quoting Albert Krewinkel (krewinkel at gmx.net):
> David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> writes:
>
> > If we do that, perhaps we would also want to set up
> >   wnpp-dependencies
> > separately?  Not sure.
> >
> > To reduce conflicts in dependencies, we might even abandon the
> > single-file approach completely and save the dependencies of each
> > $project into a file
> >   clbuild/dependencies/$project
[...]
> I like that idea and may give it a shot as soon as I find the time.

Attached a quick patch to auto-generate my-dependencies.  I didn't push
it yet, but it might be useful as inspiration for other changes.

> Which brings me to a different topic: Is there a specific reason, that
> the clbuild-script is a single file, or did it just grow organicaly that
> way?  I ask, since I'd prefer having a `scripts' directory and a main
> programm calling only the scripts which are needed.  This could bring
> the advantage of somewhat cleaner code at times (at least my
> contributions are more of a mess than they have to be due to the current
> one-file approach).

Once upon a time, I proposed such a split-up, but didn't get any
either though, and I'm still in favour of it, so if you want to do, just
go ahead and push your changes.

d.