astmatcher-demo exposes major bugs in bclasp 0.3-test-7-8-g42f5e53

Georgiy Tugai georgiy.tugai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:11:03 UTC 2015

I decided to test astmatcher-demo[1] (known to be working on f7948ae
i.e. tip of master) on bclasp 0.3-test-7-8-g42f5e53 (tip of newbuild at
the time).

First, there is a missing external symbol
NEW-DEDUPLICATING-REFACTORING-TOOL (called from
src/lisp/clang-tool.lsp). I assumed that NEW-REFACTORING-TOOL would be a
suitable replacement, evaluated the calling function definition (C-M-x
in SLIME) and moved on.

Then, a series of undefined symbols (see Table 1) followed, each one
"fixed" by C-M-x.

After this, astmatcher-demo's GET-CLASSES fails with "Bad keyword
argument" followed by a large number (for example, 69993087673325; a
decimal pointer address?) which was different between bclasp instances.

On further investigation, it is interesting to note that LOADing
clang-tool.lsp rather than REQUIREing 'clang-tool results in more
undefined symbol errors (including the external symbol
REPLACEMENTS-AS-LIST). I believe this is indicative of a significant
difference between evaluation and compilation in bclasp.

Table 1: clang-tool.lsp symbols misreported as undefined
+----------------+--------------------------------------+
|           DEFUN|IDENTIFY-HINT-ENVIRONMENT             |
|DEFINE-CONDITION|NODE-MATCHER-AMBIGUOUS-ERROR          |
|           DEFUN|ERROR-UNLESS-VALID-PREDICATE          |
|     DEFCONSTANT|+NODE-MATCHERS+                       |
|           DEFUN|IDENTIFY-NODE-MATCHER-ENVIRONMENT     |
|     DEFCONSTANT|+TRAVERSAL-MATCHERS+                  |
|           DEFUN|IDENTIFY-TRAVERSAL-MATCHER-ENVIRONMENT|
|           DEFUN|APPLICABLE-MATCHER-P                  |
|           DEFUN|MATCH-RUN                             |