[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

Burguz Omonov burguzomo at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:57:13 UTC 2008

> Well, I've contacted the original author and my c-l.net account should
> be set up now to include the cl-xmpp commit bit. So, we can start
> working on a more lively project now.
>
> Could you explain a bit more what it is that you're looking for from
> your perspective? I mean, a more lively project has 2 components: (1)
> a committer/maintainer and (2) visible/engaged users [who provide
> feedback regarding what they're missing].

Something that I'd love to see on the project page would be a list of tested platforms/environments (i.e. compiler + libraries combination). Also maybe compatible, or incompatible servers. I am still testing the recent update.

I think it'd be good to have some sort of "getting started" sections on the project web page for different environments too. I'd be willing to contribute some of my experience here.

> Does anybody here have anything they're missing, or are you just
> experimenting with the library and running into problems so fast that
> you're abandoning it immediately?

To me is closer to the 2nd point, with the only difference that I hope to get it working one day, because otherwise you'd need to integrate lisp with other languages, which can provide working xmpp support, and that'd be opening another jug of worms.  :)

 So far I've been testing cl-xmpp with clisp and sbcl. With clisp I simply can't get the stuff to run (cuz asdf-install is also broken under clisp, and I was having problems simply installing and loading package properly). with sbcl, which i am more familiar with, I am able to get to the point that the package compiles properly, but as I mentioned in my earlier message (forgot to cc it to the list), the script still spits error during the authentication phase.

clxmppclxmppresssup
debugger invoked on a CL-XMPP:SERVER-DISCONNECT:
  Document not well-formed: Bad nesting. "stream:stream" / (:EOF)

That's been my experience so far :) I'll keep it posted, if I manage to get somehow better results.