[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:13:18 UTC 2008

> > Could you explain a bit more what it is that you're looking for from
> > your perspective? I mean, a more lively project has 2 components: (1)
> > a committer/maintainer and (2) visible/engaged users [who provide
> > feedback regarding what they're missing].
>
> Something that I'd love to see on the project page would be a list of tested platforms/environments (i.e. compiler + libraries combination). Also maybe compatible, or incompatible servers. I am still testing the recent update.

Well, that's a very limited list for now, but if you're here willing
to help extend the list (by means of testing in your setup(s)) that'd
be great!

> I think it'd be good to have some sort of "getting started" sections on the project web page for different environments too. I'd be willing to contribute some of my experience here.

That would be much appreciated. If you have any text to donate, I can
put it up on the webpage. If you get involved more, it should be
possible to arrange commit access for you as well.

> > Does anybody here have anything they're missing, or are you just
> > experimenting with the library and running into problems so fast that
> > you're abandoning it immediately?

> To me is closer to the 2nd point, with the only difference that I hope to get it working one day, because otherwise you'd need to integrate lisp with other languages, which can provide working xmpp support, and that'd be opening another jug of worms.  :)

Well, I think we should be able to make it work, especially when this
is taken up as a shared effort.

>  So far I've been testing cl-xmpp with clisp and sbcl. With clisp I simply can't get the stuff to run (cuz asdf-install is also broken under clisp, and I was having problems simply installing and loading package properly). with sbcl, which i am more familiar with, I am able to get to the point that the package compiles properly, but as I mentioned in my earlier message (forgot to cc it to the list), the script still spits error during the authentication phase.

> clxmppclxmppresssup
> debugger invoked on a CL-XMPP:SERVER-DISCONNECT:
>  Document not well-formed: Bad nesting. "stream:stream" / (:EOF)

What would be interesting is: did the remote close the connection? And
if so, what was sent over the stream that may cause cl-xmpp to think
the input was not well formed? Could you record the connection session
and put a transcript of it online? That would save me a lot of time.

> That's been my experience so far :) I'll keep it posted, if I manage to get somehow better results.

Well, together we should be able to get to better results than that
:-) That's rather useless.

Bye,

Erik.