[cl-xmpp-devel] Stream question

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sat Apr 21 19:30:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

Quoting Mikhail Shevchuk (mikhail.shevchuk at gmail.com):
> I was playing with Allegro's :sock package trying to write a Jabber
> bot, but I've faced to the following problem: when I receive a message
> the first time, I get only '<' sign and no further XML. But after
> receiving the second piece of data I get the full piece of XML of the
> buffering or something, because when I hit C-c C-c (in SLIME) I get
> all data printed in the REPL. I am reading socket with the following
> code:

from what you are writing, I am not sure whether you are having issues
with your own code on Allegro or with cl-xmpp.

Note that cl-xmpp normally reads from the socket itself.

If the trouble you are having is indeed caused by something in cl-xmpp,
can you please include an example of how to reproduce the issues you are
having using cl-xmpp?

> And one more socket-related question. What is the most robust socket
> package for CL? I've tried to use usocket with sbcl, but couldn't find
> any documentation on how to use it, even the synopsis.

usocket has docstrings, available through the DOCUMENTATION function.

I would suggest contacting its author or the usocket mailing list
directly if you find its documentation insufficient.

d.