[cl-sockets-devel] Re: [cl-soap-devel] Re: Status of cl-soap project

Utz-Uwe Haus haus+cl-soap at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Apr 24 19:02:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 04:42:41PM +0200, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
> Yes, we need to make sure that we (you) do not break the older
> functionality.
> But that is difficult to do for the reasons you mentioned.

I'll see if there is some developer-token program or the like. I seem to
have something like that for amazon's program around somewhere.

> >When the template problem is fixed I'll try to come up with some
> >autogeneration of CLOS classes for the wsdl contents -- that's what I
> >really want to use in my project.
>
> Even better, if I recall correctly that is more or less where we left
> off.

Ok. I have fixed the template stuff by wrapping the deeper layers of the
template into continuations that can be evaluated as needed. That
actually is speeding things up for my complex xml types.

The last problem I see for my application before attacking CLOS-wrapping
is now that the namespace support is broken if the result is typed with
namespace-qualified elements outside the |s0|-namespace used for the
soap reply. Should not be too hard to fix.

> I have taken the liberty of CC'ing this message to the CL-SOAP-DEVEL
> list,
> because I think it is important that keep a record and potentially
> involve others.

... therefore I continued on the list ...

Later,
Utz

Utz-Uwe Haus                               haus at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Inst. f. Mathemat. Optim.                                    utz at uuhaus.de
Uni Magdeburg                    PGP keys  1024/6AD23BE1 and 2048/5D0B72A1
GERMANY                          available via keyservers or email request