[cl-sockets-devel] Re: Status of cl-soap project

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Tue Apr 24 14:42:41 UTC 2007

Utz,

On 23 Apr 2007, at 12:58, Utz-Uwe Haus wrote:

> On the positive side: I can now successfully parse (including schema
> <import> and <include> the wsdl file and make a wsdl-based soap call.
> This involves handling multiple schemata in the wsdl type slots and
> handling anonymous sequences inside complexType elements, as well
> as the
> xsd:any tag. The latter two only on the parsing/template side, since:
> On the negative side I have to admit that the template-based xsd
> handling is reaching its limits on the above xml -- I run into a stack
> overflow because of recursive type resolution when generating the
> (infinite) template.
> It seems one should get by with generating only a single layer of
> template code whenever necessary, a little ugly but better than a
> total
> rewrite.

That is great news! You are really taking CL-SOAP forward.

> If you want some patches for the current state let me know. Do you
> have
> an idea about a set of automatic tests (like for the google api -- but
> with which token?) to perform to find out whether I broke anything
> that
> worked before?

Yes, we need to make sure that we (you) do not break the older
functionality.
But that is difficult to do for the reasons you mentioned.

> When the template problem is fixed I'll try to come up with some
> autogeneration of CLOS classes for the wsdl contents -- that's what I
> really want to use in my project.

Even better, if I recall correctly that is more or less where we left
off.

I have taken the liberty of CC'ing this message to the CL-SOAP-DEVEL
list,
because I think it is important that keep a record and potentially
involve others.

I hope Alain Picard reads this too.

Regards,

Sven