[Cl-perec-devel] Loading cl-perec

Ken McKee rkm101 at mac.com
Mon Feb 5 21:37:18 UTC 2007

I updated cl-perec and downloaded contextl. I still get:
      The name "METACOPY-WITH-CONTEXTL" does not designate any package.
       [Condition of type SB-KERNEL:SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]

A posting to metacopy-devel says:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/metacopy-devel/2006-October/000006.html
> unfortunately the packaging took about 10 times the effort to do
> then the
> copy-protocol code. the trick is to load the metacopy code twice
> into two
> different packages, one is called metacopy-with-contextl. this way
> defgeneric and define-layered-function can live happily next to
> each other
> and everyone can chose between the contextl based, and therefore more
> heavyweight, stuff or the old defmethod way.
>
> i had to patch slime, asdf, and asdf-system-connections to make it
> work...
> one problem is left though: the way i'm using asdf is either
> illegal or
> there's some bug in asdf, because contextl and some other packages are
> reloaded even though they are not changed since i've last generated
> my sbcl
> core. it does not cause any problems, but...

Can standard versions of slime and asdf handle the metacopy-with-
contextl package?
Where should the metacopy-with-contextl package be defined?

-Ken