[cl-opengl-devel] Glut fix on OSX

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:43:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Justin Kendrick
<twilightsentry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post, but, like an idiot, I didn't actually
> try any of the examples before sending the patch in.  The library does
> load properly, but quite a bit of stuff (mostly in interface.lisp)
> assumes the existence of freeglut's extensions (eg, the window close
> event).

The window close is absolutely crucial for development, otherwise GLUT
will call exit() and kill your Lisp session.

> Do any of you think that it's worth it to add the checks necessary to
> get it running on the Cocoa glut?  The problem then would be that
> there would be no abstraction of whether we support those extensions.
> If you like the idea, I'd be glad to do the coding...

I think it'd be more worthwhile to port FreeGLUT (or one of the other
GLUT clones) to Cocoa but I have no idea how feasible that would be.
ISTR it'd be hard.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/