[cl-opengl-devel] Re: cl-opengl on Windows

Bart Botta 00003b at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 03:46:49 UTC 2006

On 12/17/06, Damyan Pepper <damyanp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in a similar boat to Gilbert, and was wondering what the current
> state is with cl-opengl under win32.  Does it currently work for
> anyone on win32?
>
> My opengl32.dll doesn't have, for example, an entry point for
> glActiveTexture.  Searching on the net suggests that the way to get
> hold of this function under windows is to do something like (in C):
>
> glActiveTexture = (PFNGLCLIENTACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC)
>         wglGetProcAddress("glActiveTextureARB");

You could try my patched version of cl-opengl at
http://www.3bb.cc/tmp/cl-opengl-3b.tar.bz2
It should work on Win32, and includes OpenGL >=1.2 functions and most
of the GL extensions that are more than a month or 2 old. The examples
will require GLUT, but the extension code should work with
wglGetProcAddress, or SDL's version, or whatever. Just need to add the
appropriate defcfun and  (setf
cl-opengl-bindings::*gl-get-proc-address* #'wglGetProcAddress) at some
point before you try to call any GL>=1.2 or extension functions.

I've run some of the examples on win32 SBCL, but not really stressed
it much. I assume it won't work on Corman, since it needs
foreign-funcall, but should work on other CFFI supported lisps.

--
Bart