[cl-opengl-devel] Re: cl-opengl on Windows

Damyan Pepper damyanp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:28:28 UTC 2006

"Bart Botta" <00003b at gmail.com> writes:

> You could try my patched version of cl-opengl at
> http://www.3bb.cc/tmp/cl-opengl-3b.tar.bz2

> I've run some of the examples on win32 SBCL, but not really stressed
> it much. I assume it won't work on Corman, since it needs
> foreign-funcall, but should work on other CFFI supported lisps.

Hi - thanks for this, it gets me a lot further.  (I'm running SBCL 1.0
on Win32) Are there any plans to merge your patches into the main
distribution?

I had to #-win32 gluProject and gluUnProject - I think because of the
(:pointer gl:double).

Just in case anyone's interested, here's how the examples run on my
machine:

rb-hello: ok
rb-double: runs, but crashes when I click in the window (win32 exception of some kind)
rb-lines: ok
rb-polys: ok
rb-cube: ok
rb-model: ok
rb-clip: ok
rb-stroke: ok
rb-list: ok
rb-stroke: ok
rb-smooth: ok
rb-movelight: runs, but crashes on clicks (as for rb-double)
gears: displays, but immediately crashes

For all the ones that are ok, the keyboard input doesn't seem to work.
I guess that this is because glut:keyboard is getting called with the
key codes as integers rather than as characters - so it gets 27 rather
than #\Esc for example.  I'll look into this - I want to make sure I'm
running the latest CFFI and see if ascii-to-char works in other
circumstances.

Regards,

Damyan.