[cl-opengl-devel] Re: cl-opengl on Windows

Damyan Pepper damyanp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:54:52 UTC 2006

"Luís Oliveira" <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/23/06, Gilbert Wong <djbuzzkill at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, sorry if this isnt the right place for these issues since i'm
>> fairly a novice to lisp. I am currently playing around with sbcl 9.17
>> on Windows and am having problems compiling cl-opengl.  It seems that
>> it has trouble finding all the gl functions, specifically anything
>> above gl 1.1. Has this been adressed?

Hi there -

I'm in a similar boat to Gilbert, and was wondering what the current
state is with cl-opengl under win32.  Does it currently work for
anyone on win32?

My opengl32.dll doesn't have, for example, an entry point for
glActiveTexture.  Searching on the net suggests that the way to get
hold of this function under windows is to do something like (in C):

glActiveTexture = (PFNGLCLIENTACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC)
        wglGetProcAddress("glActiveTextureARB");

>> Is there an easy way to utilize
>> something like wglGetProc to address this problem?
>
> ISTR this was discussed in this mailing list before. I don't remember
> what the conclusions were but you can probably find something in the
> archives.

I've had a look through the archives but couldn't find anything
relevant.  I found the messages about getting hold of freeglut.dll
(which suggests to me that people are successfully running cl-opengl
under windows), but didn't see anything else about getting hold of the
extensions.

Is there something I need to install, or should I start trying to get
these functions through wglGetProcAddress?

Regards,

Damyan.