[cl-graph-devel] copying a graph

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Wed Mar 22 15:30:34 UTC 2006

[responding to list]

> Thanks. I look forward to your input, since if I end up writing
> copy-graph myself I want to be sure to do it right.

Well, I'm not sure I'm doing it _right_ either!

I'm in the midst of added metacopy to common-lisp.net. It provides
some low-level stuff and two higher-level routines: defcopy-methods
and copy-thing. The first lets you specify how to treat the slots of
a class when copying; the second creates copies. The keyword
parameters for defcopy-methods are :copy, :set, :copy-all and :set-
all. Setting means to do a setf of the slot (a shallow copy) whereas
copying is creating a deep-copy.

I'll let you know when the code is available. (If you're "desperate",
I'd be happy to mail you a tarball).
--
Gary Warren King
metabang.com