[cl-dwim-devel] CMS on Dwim?

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:34:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Francisco Vides Fernandez
<fvides at dedaloingenieros.com> wrote:
> Does it support the notion of "component", meaning a self-contained piece of
> packaged softare which can be installed/activated/deactivaded/deinstalled
> individually, like python eggs or ruby gems?
Do you mean into the running server? No, I don't know if there's
something like that in common lisp. It would
be pretty straightforward to do that, but we did not have such
requirements so far. Ask in #lisp to get more info.

On the other hand you can connect to the server via SLIME and
modify/compile code, inspect/manipulate server state, query/update the
database using the business model, debug problems, practically change
anything, etc. while the client is online.

> projects and heard about wui but didn't know about clustering. This is a big
> plus.
I must clarify this a bit. Clustering here means several computers are
working in the same server application, accessing the same database.
Load balancing is done on a per session basis, session serialization
is not implemented (it is quite possible though), so when one of the
servers fail, the sessions on that computer are lost.

>> and if I finish porting the
>> authorization from the old code base to the new one, that might be
>> helpful too.
> Can I see somewhere the old code base to know about the authorization model?
The old code can be get from:

darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-dwim/darcs/wui
darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-dwim/darcs/cl-dwim

Search for authorization and/or operation.

> I think so. Is there some docs (apart from source code) to have a general
> view?
There is no separate documentation at the moment, the source code and
the test suite might help. Some parts of the code has docstrings that
might help too.

The dwim.hu website will be constantly updated and extended. Currently
it demonstrates only a small fraction of the features/code from dwim
libraries. Eventually there might be some documentation too, and some
more convoluted examples, such as a corporate contact book (about a
few 100 LOC including authorization) or a blog engine (to be used on
the site too).

Cheers,
levy

--