[cl-dwim-devel] CMS on Dwim?

Kambiz Darabi darabi at m-creations.com
Thu Oct 29 11:43:12 UTC 2009

Hello Francisco,

I am currently developing a web application with dwim, coming from a
background of several years of writing web applications in Java,
working also in the field of "Enterprise Content Management Systems"
(whatever that really is :) ).

dwim is very well suited for solving business problems. It is based on
the special Object Orientation of CL (CLOS), which not only knows
multiple inheritance, but also includes what is called Aspect Oriented
Programming in other languages, and de-couples the objects from the
methods which act on them.

dwim contains a very capable Object Relational Mapper which allows you
to simply program in OO terms while your data are persisted
efficiently to such a well-proven DB as PostgreSQL.

dwim contains a framework for persistent processes, which can be used
to tackle problems related to workflow etc.

I also like the concept of the meta-gui, which (a little bit like
Naked Objects) gets you immediately to a first impression of what your
object model 'looks like'. You can of course create more sophisticated
presentations for your objects with xhtml/css/javascript if you like.

In summary, I think every problem in the field of CMS can be addressed
with dwim.

HTH

Kambiz