[cl-dwim-devel] CMS on Dwim?

Francisco Vides Fernandez fvides at dedaloingenieros.com
Thu Oct 29 11:51:41 UTC 2009

El Jueves, 29 de Octubre de 2009, escribió:
> 2009/10/28 Francisco Vides Fernández <fvides at dedaloingenieros.com>:
> >        I plan to develop a CMS system in Common Lisp, not unlike the
> > Plone (which runs on Zope, a Python based Application Server).
> >
> >        Now my question: is a good idea to develop such extension over
> > Dwim? Is this what Dwim is intended for?

> dwim is a collection of libraries we are developing to make web based
> business applications for our customers, but the libraries are also
> reusable on their own with a very permissive BSD licence.
Does it support the notion of "component", meaning a self-contained piece of
packaged softare which can be installed/activated/deactivaded/deinstalled
individually, like python eggs or ruby gems?

> I don't know much about CMS requirements, but I guess the metagui part
> in hu.dwim.wui and the persistence library called hu.dwim.perec is
> quite close to what you need. A CMS probably needs localization and
> clustering which are also supported,
Really nice features. I've been tracking perec for some time for other
projects and heard about wui but didn't know about clustering. This is a big
plus.

> and if I finish porting the
> authorization from the old code base to the new one, that might be
> helpful too.
Can I see somewhere the old code base to know about the authorization model?

> So in general the answer to your question is yes I think.
I think so. Is there some docs (apart from source code) to have a general
view?

Thanks

+------