[cl-dwim-devel] CMS on Dwim?

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:44:27 UTC 2009

2009/10/28 Francisco Vides Fernández <fvides at dedaloingenieros.com>:
>        I plan to develop a CMS system in Common Lisp, not unlike the Plone (which
> runs on Zope, a Python based Application Server).
>
>        Now my question: is a good idea to develop such extension over Dwim? Is this
> what Dwim is intended for?

dwim is a collection of libraries we are developing to make web based
business applications for our customers, but the libraries are also
reusable on their own with a very permissive BSD licence.

I don't know much about CMS requirements, but I guess the metagui part
in hu.dwim.wui and the persistence library called hu.dwim.perec is
quite close to what you need. A CMS probably needs localization and
clustering which are also supported, and if I finish porting the
authorization from the old code base to the new one, that might be
helpful too.

So in general the answer to your question is yes I think.

Cheers,
levy

ps: our home page is at: http://dwim.hu/

--