UCW for Debian (was Re: [cl-debian] Re: sbcl_0.8.20.5-2_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Thu Mar 31 08:44:25 UTC 2005

Luca Capello wrote:
> 5) rfc2388 (http://common-lisp.net/project/rfc2388/), but I cannot
>    find any way to download a release to be debianized :-(

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=rfc2388
has a 'download tarball' :-)

> 6) SLIME, which should enter Debian soon, even if I haven't heard news
>    about it for a while.

Nor have I.

> 7) portableaserve, already present in Debian (maintained by Peter);
>    instead of this, one could use AllegroServe, which hasn't been
>    packaged for Debian yet.

Why? AllegroServe is only for acl. Please note that the acl and lw
installers and openmcl are still orphaned:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=submitter&data=kmr%40debian.org&archive=no

> Specifically to the first 2 libraries (and even for the future UCW),
> Marco agreed to make them Debian native packages. I imported them into
> my arch repository and I'm ready to publish it, but I've a question
> regarding the debian/changelog: ATM, it contains an entry (when I
> debianized the package), but if someone download today's arch and
> create a Debian package from it, the version will be the same as my
> first debianized package. I don't know if tla-buildpackage takes care
> of this or not and so I don't know how should I update the
> debian/changelog.

As far as I know if you do a 'apt-get source sbcl' you also build the exact
same version as the one in the repository. I do not think there is an easy
way to prevent people from building a package with an old version number
and newer sources. In the new sbcl package I use a script to create a new
version based on the version string of the sources themselves, but even
that is not in the main debian/rules file so will not get executed automaticly.

Groetjes, Peter