UCW for Debian (was Re: [cl-debian] Re: sbcl_0.8.20.5-2_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Mar 29 21:10:33 UTC 2005

Hi all!

On Tue 29 Mar 2005 14:23 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> Actually, I already prepared the 'background' packages (like arnesi,
> FiveAM and yaclml), but I haven't had time to public my arch
> repositories yet.
>
> Anyway, I've some questions I'm going to post here, but not now
> (lacking time...).

Ok, here the /problems/ I'm encountering...

UCW requires some external 'libraries':

1) arnesi (http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/arnesi.html), already
   debianized, at least for the CL sources. I'm trying to solve the
   -doc package creation with Marco Baringer, but this is a minor
   issue.

2) yaclml (http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/yaclml.html), already
   debianized, but the installation depends on another Marco's tool,
   FiveAM (http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/FiveAM.html), which
   I debianized ;-)

3) iterate, already present in Debian (Peter is the maintainer), but I
   should check the differences between the Debian version and the UCW
   one.

4) mod_lisp, which is the Debian libapache-mod-lisp (maintained by
   Matthew Danish), but with some differencies. Instead of mod_lisp,
   you could use araneida, so we should also package it ;-)

5) rfc2388 (http://common-lisp.net/project/rfc2388/), but I cannot
   find any way to download a release to be debianized :-(

6) SLIME, which should enter Debian soon, even if I haven't heard news
   about it for a while.

7) portableaserve, already present in Debian (maintained by Peter);
   instead of this, one could use AllegroServe, which hasn't been
   packaged for Debian yet.

8) apache :-D

Once all these packages will be available on Debian official,
packaging UCW should be so simple!

Specifically to the first 2 libraries (and even for the future UCW),
Marco agreed to make them Debian native packages. I imported them into
my arch repository and I'm ready to publish it, but I've a question
regarding the debian/changelog: ATM, it contains an entry (when I
debianized the package), but if someone download today's arch and
create a Debian package from it, the version will be the same as my
first debianized package. I don't know if tla-buildpackage takes care
of this or not and so I don't know how should I update the
debian/changelog.

Suggestions?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca