[chicago-lisp] Thoughts on functional and syntax free languages

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Fri Jun 22 01:16:07 UTC 2007

Corey Sweeney wrote:
> John mentioned recieving 5 backloged messages.

As an update, it seems as though I've been receiving chicago-lisp emails
regularly since that complaint of mine.  Perhaps there was some MTA
issue that has since been resolved.

> I propose that we set up a IRC channel, (probably #chicago-lisp on
> freenet), and have IRC meetings at the same time as the code sprints.

I'm sitting in #cl ('chicago lisp') @ irc.oftc.net, as per our homepage:

   http://www.chicagolisp.org/

I personally like oftc better, mostly for technical reasons such as
their provision of SSL IRC.  I also think the board that operates the
network is better run.  If there's interest in moving to freenode,
that's totally cool by me, though.

> The idea would be to log in from the code sprint if you can make it,
> or just log in from home if your lazy.

Sounds like a good idea, though I do very strongly recommend we try to
meet physically when possible.  It provides a much greater sense of
community.

> Also, I like the idea of makeing the code sprints the focal point for
> the lisp get togethers (especially since I can rarely make saturdays).
> I'd propose that we make the code sprint/irc meetings the "get
> together time", and just do the LUG when we have a actual
> presentation?

I agree.  We're a programming group, not a talk show, so it stands to
reason that our primary activity should be programming.

- John Quigley