[chicago-lisp] Thoughts on functional and syntax free languages

John Melesky list at phaedrusdeinus.org
Fri Jun 22 00:16:21 UTC 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> Ok, now I have some issues, like:
> Tech coffie is to early to get up
> I'm in the northwest suburbs  (is anyone else in the suburbs, or is
> *everyone* in the city?)

We're happy to have additional locations in play. I'd still recommend
getting out of the house and hanging out with someone else who's
coding -- the atmosphere of productivity is too easily dispelled if
flying solo -- but that needn't be downtown if you can't make it.

> I propose that we set up a IRC channel, (probably #chicago-lisp on
> freenet), and have IRC meetings at the same time as the code sprints.
> The idea would be to log in from the code sprint if you can make it,
> or just log in from home if your lazy.

TechCoffee now has an IRC channel on freenode (#techcoffee,
unsurprisingly), precisely to help mediate the remote location problem.

None of that's really here or there, just wanted to point out some
useful TechCoffee info.

-johnnnnnnnnn