[chicago-lisp] Updates: website, meeting, BarCamp

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Mon Jun 11 01:03:06 UTC 2007

Folks:

We've grown quiet here again, and I think we should push for another
meeting.  First, let me inform you that I've been working towards a
website for us on my end:

http://www.chicagolisp.org/

Feedback, or help in any form, would be greatly appreciated.  You'll
notice a big section entitled "Articles."  I'd love to post articles
that our community writes here.  I've asked some people in my language
design research group to help on this, and there's decided interest.  If
you've ever had an inclination to formally write on some topic about
functional languages/programming (not just Lisp-specific), I'd love to
host that article on our site.

I'm hosting a Chicago Linux meeting at my company's place of business
(Cleversafe, Inc.) this coming Saturday (June 16th at 3p).  We're
located within a block of the Red (Sox/35th) and Green (IIT/Bronzeville)
stops, right on the IIT campus.  Let's try to get a Lisp meeting going
concurrently, don't you think?  What we need is two people will to give
a presentation on anything remotely Lisp-related.  Interested?  Please
email the list!

Also, please note that BarCamp is coming up

   http://www.barcampchicago.com/

I'm giving a Lisp presentation on Saturday at 1600 hours:

   http://www.barcampchicago.com/index.php?wiki=SaturdaysAgenda

I think it would be awesome if others signed up to attend - or to speak
- if at all possible.  I plan on really advertising for the Lisp group,
as BarCamp attracts a huge number of people interested in technology.

Hope everything is well amongst you all =)

Best,
John Quigley