[cffi-devel] vararg

James Bielman jamesjb at jamesjb.com
Fri Jan 6 10:16:38 UTC 2006

Yaroslav Kavenchuk <kavenchuk at jenty.by> writes:

> Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:
>
>>>And if I shall link some libraries with identical names of functions -
>>>what to do?
>>
>> "Implementation-dependent" and underspecified
>
> no perfection in the world :(

I would like, eventually, to extend CFFI to allow for this case, as it
would come up all the time in a program that wanted to load "plugin"
style shared objects.

For example, one way to handle this would be for LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY
to return a cookie that can be used to refer to a specific shared
library.  Then, functions defined with DEFCFUN could take an extra
:library keyword argument that would be used to specify which library
to resolve the function in.  (We'd need a way to extend
FOREIGN-FUNCALL to do this too: probably a FOREIGN-FUNCALL-IN-LIBRARY
operator or something.)

I'm not sure what the status of implementation support on something
like this would be...

James