[cffi-devel] Re: uffi-compat, foreign-alloc, bug fixes

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Sep 9 03:25:47 UTC 2005

Luis Oliveira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Kenny, telling the c.l.l savages to beat me up was mean :-)

<heh-heh> You were warned before you started that I would be a PITA.
This is what I meant.

> so I completed what was missing in uffi-compat and it passes all tests
> under SBCL and CLISP. The real UFFI itself failed a couple of tests on
> Allegro but passes all tests using UFFI-COMPAT, ahah. Isn't that sweet?

I think it is a very Good Sign that your test suite is unearthing bugs
in UFFI as well as the Lisps themselves, and of course that CFFI passes
those tests. Do you feel you did a good job of having the test suite dig
into the edge cases of FFI? Is that why you are finding bugs in Lisps?

> So here are the new changes in my darcs tree.

Looks great. thx for jumping on those stray issues I unearthed. Can you
throw me a bone and send me a tarball? I have managed to avoid digging
up a WinDARC and would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

--
Kenny

Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL_Highlight_Film

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
    Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950