[cffi-devel] Re: uffi-compat, foreign-alloc, bug fixes

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:47:12 UTC 2005

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:
> Luis Oliveira wrote:
>> so I completed what was missing in uffi-compat and it passes all
>> tests under SBCL and CLISP. The real UFFI itself failed a couple of
>> tests on Allegro but passes all tests using UFFI-COMPAT, ahah. Isn't
>> that sweet?
>
> I think it is a very Good Sign that your test suite is unearthing bugs
> in UFFI as well as the Lisps themselves, and of course that CFFI
> passes those tests. Do you feel you did a good job of having the test
> suite dig into the edge cases of FFI? Is that why you are finding bugs
> in Lisps?

No, no.. you misread that. UFFI has a test suite too, and that's the one
I'm referring to. UFFI fails its own tests while CFFI's UFFI-COMPAT
passes them. :-)

Anyway, regarding the test suite.. I just looked at what James had and
followed his example. Test all types, test all use cases, etc... It's no
ansi-tests, but then again, I'm no pfdietz ;-) *back to reading CLtL2
from cover to cover*

> Looks great. thx for jumping on those stray issues I unearthed. Can
> you throw me a bone and send me a tarball? I have managed to avoid
> digging up a WinDARC and would like to keep it that way as long as
> possible.

Yeah, I set up a directory in CFFI's webpage with snapshots:
  http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/tarballs/

Ah, remember I changed foreign-alloc a bit and removed
foreign-object-alloc. (the docs are updated reflecting that change).

--
Luis Oliveira
luismbo (@) gmail (.) com