[cffi-devel] uffi-compat, foreign-alloc, bug fixes

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:19:32 UTC 2005

Hello,

Kenny, telling the c.l.l savages to beat me up was mean :-) so I
completed what was missing in uffi-compat and it passes all tests under
SBCL and CLISP. The real UFFI itself failed a couple of tests on
Allegro but passes all tests using UFFI-COMPAT, ahah. Isn't that sweet?

So here are the new changes in my darcs tree.

Fri Sep  9 02:00:22 WEST 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * foreign-alloc and uffi-compat

   - removed foreign-object-alloc, added cffi:foreign-alloc with new
options
     (including the functionality foreign-object-alloc provided).
   - renamed the cffi-sys:foreign-alloc's to cffi-sys:%foreign-alloc.
   - updated respective documentation.
   - improved mem-aref's documentation including new examples.
   - fixed with buf with lisp-string-to-foreign not handling empty
strings
     correctly. added regression test.
   - fixed translate-to-c and translate-from-c (not exported yet)
   - fixed uffi-compat bugs, implemented all operators (including a bunch
     that aren't documented in UFFI's manual) except a
foreign-string-length
     which is weird and not used anywhere.
   - added "UFFI" as a nickname for the cffi-uffi-compat package.

Thu Sep  8 07:12:53 WEST 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Fixed Allegro warning, removed #-sbcl from callback test

   - Don't use call-direct on functions with 0 arguments. [Allegro]
   - Added a regression test for this and a test to see what
     void functions return. (the latter will probably fail on
     some ports)
   - SBCL has fixed the callback bug in version 0.9.4.11,
     removed the #-sbcl before the test that was triggering
     the bug.

Wed Sep  7 06:31:19 WEST 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Handle empty structures gracefully

   - Fixed notice-foreign-structure-definition to handle empty
     struct definitions correctly.
   - Added new test for this: STRUCT.ALIGNMENT.5

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/