[cells-gtk-devel] Reentrant Cell ?

Ingo Bormuth Bormuth at web.de
Thu Jun 12 19:58:10 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

can a cell somehow ask to be evaluated in the future?

I have a cells-gtk application. Some calculation take
quite a time which makes the gui quite unresponsive.
I'd like to have pseudoparallelism within the cell layer.

One hack I thought about is to introduce a timer-cell
that is updated from within gtk's main loop. A c-sleep
function would explicitly request those updates.
Taken together this would make for a tiny scheduler.

Every comment is appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Ingo.