[cells-gtk-devel] Type error when form is run

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:48:45 UTC 2008

>  I grabbed the latest everything: cells-gtk3, cells, cffi, alexandria,
>  babel, cl-cairo, cl-opengl, bordeaux-threads, trivial-features, trivial-
>  garbage, cl-utilities, cl-colors. All from their respective repos.

I don't have any experience with alexandria, babel, cl-cairo,
trivial-features, and trivial-garbage, simply because I have never
used them.

All I can say is that it works for me using
- cl-opengl from darcs
- bordeaux-threads from asdf-install
- cffi from darcs
- cells from cvs
- cl-cairo2 from asdf-install
- cl-colors from asdf-install

With SBCL 1.0.11 (stock repository for Ubuntu 8.04).

I have seen a similar error message before, and it was because of a
cffi version mismatch (asdf-install vs. darcs)

Chris Smith is currently working on compiling a step-by-step install
guide, so hopefully there will be better instructions in the near
future.

I am quite busy with my Real Life these days, therefore I won't be
able to work on docs for the next week or so.

One more thing:  You might look at the utf-8 code in gtk-ffi-impl.lisp
in gtk-ffi/ -- you can try to remove the sbcl-specific stuff, and let
it use standard cl.  Maybe they changed the utf-8 stuff in sbcl
recently.

I hope this is of some help.

Peter