[cells-devel] Celtk and SBCL (and linux)

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue May 23 20:57:05 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Thomas F. Burdick <tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> On 5/23/06, Stu Glaser <stuglaser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to get Celtk working on SBCL.  I've attached a patch with
> > several bugfixes.
>
> I'm not a Celtk user, but I am the Cells-on-SBCL guy, so I'm
> definately paying attention here.  Could you please send patches in
> unified diff format?  It's about 1000x easier to read (you can get
> diff to produce it with the -u option).

I look forward to that, but I had no problem working from the diff. I take
your word for it, tho.

> Much still does not work, however, I have managed to
> > display the "one-button-window" demo (though it crashes immediately
> > after display.
> >
> > Sometime later I will have questions.  Celtk still crashes often in
> > finish-business, and I'm not yet familiar enough with cells to perform
> > the fixes.
>
> If Kenny or Frank doesn't get to this before I do, I can look into it
> in a couple weeks.  If you guys haven't sorted it out with Celtk
> issues, it might be Cells related...

OK, we'll keep an open mind. But as I said, /everything/ happens in
finish-business it seems.  Especially with Tk, which is pretty fussy about
the order in which things happen. (And I just got bit by a timer going off
as a window was being shut down. Oops. new :client task type on the way (up
to twenty, I think))

> Lastly, anonymous CVS access would be great.  It would certainly help
> > for creating patches and for keeping my sources updated.
>
> All of Cells uses the common-lisp.net infrastructure, and they turned
> off anonymous pserver access due to the constant security nightmare it
> implies.  Sorry.  I'd be happy with a move to svn, which would also
> mean reliable anonymous access, but I'm not sure if there's a
> reasonable client for Windows.  There's a good OS X one, though, so I
> wouldn't be surprised if there was.

I have TortoiseSVN now as well as TortoiseCVS. I hear svn is better. I am
down with a switch.

kenny