[cells-devel] Celtk and SBCL (and linux)

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu
Tue May 23 20:43:55 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Stu Glaser <stuglaser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get Celtk working on SBCL.  I've attached a patch with
> several bugfixes.

I'm not a Celtk user, but I am the Cells-on-SBCL guy, so I'm
definately paying attention here.  Could you please send patches in
unified diff format?  It's about 1000x easier to read (you can get
diff to produce it with the -u option).

> Much still does not work, however, I have managed to
> display the "one-button-window" demo (though it crashes immediately
> after display.
>
> Sometime later I will have questions.  Celtk still crashes often in
> finish-business, and I'm not yet familiar enough with cells to perform
> the fixes.

If Kenny or Frank doesn't get to this before I do, I can look into it
in a couple weeks.  If you guys haven't sorted it out with Celtk
issues, it might be Cells related...

> Lastly, anonymous CVS access would be great.  It would certainly help
> for creating patches and for keeping my sources updated.

All of Cells uses the common-lisp.net infrastructure, and they turned
off anonymous pserver access due to the constant security nightmare it
implies.  Sorry.  I'd be happy with a move to svn, which would also
mean reliable anonymous access, but I'm not sure if there's a
reasonable client for Windows.  There's a good OS X one, though, so I
wouldn't be surprised if there was.