[cells-devel] X11 conflict building ImageMagick

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 00:11:35 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Ahem.  As a non-fan of fink,

Just when Fink Commander was making me fall in love with open source and
*nix!

> I'd recommend compiling ImageMagick
>yourself (that's what I did).  But, if you stick with fink, don't
>install xfree86, use Apple's.

Check big time. Their X11 is Aqua-friendly, yes?

I went with the imagemagick-nox package, and selected the option
ghostscript-nox. Love those names. Not. :)

Then Mark (?) recommended system-x11, which I think was meant to be
system-xfree86 since the doc for that says it will simply satisfy any
dependency on xfree86. Sadly, Fink Commander tells me there is nothing
to install. But does not show it as installed. <sigh> <g>

kt

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/