[cells-devel] X11 conflict building ImageMagick

Mark Sapa moerk at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 00:55:52 UTC 2004

Hey there,

Am 19.10.2004 um 02:11 schrieb Kenny Tilton:

> <snip>
> Check big time. Their X11 is Aqua-friendly, yes?

Yep. Sort of. You Do have Apples X11 installed, yes?

> I went with the imagemagick-nox package, and selected the option
> ghostscript-nox. Love those names. Not. :)
>
> Then Mark (?) recommended system-x11, which I think was meant to be
> system-xfree86 since the doc for that says it will simply satisfy any
> dependency on xfree86. Sadly, Fink Commander tells me there is nothing
> to install. But does not show it as installed. <sigh> <g>

Yes, sorry, I was referring to system-xfree86, along with -dev and
-shlibs.
And FinkCommander, for all its Cocoalicious glory, seems to have a
problem with showing the correct status of system-
packages. Do a "fink list system" in the Terminal. That shows, amongst
others, on my system:

>      system-viha      0.0.1a-3     Placeholder for Viha WiFi framework
>  i   system-xfree86   2:4.3-2      [placeholder for user installed x11]
>  i   system-xfree...  2:4.3-2      [placeholder for user installed x11
> devel...
>  i   system-xfree...  2:4.3-2      [placeholder for user installed x11
> share...
>      xdvi-system-...  22.78-1      Display dvi files under X11
> (system-tetex...

Even when FinkCommander claims the stuff is not installed. :|

Cheers,

			Mark