[cells-devel] X11 conflict building ImageMagick

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Oct 19 00:00:37 UTC 2004

Ahem.  As a non-fan of fink, I'd recommend compiling ImageMagick
yourself (that's what I did).  But, if you stick with fink, don't
install xfree86, use Apple's.  If you tell it to ignore the X11
dependancy, it *should* find the installed X11 when configuring
ImageMagick.  If not, I'd use fink to install all the other libraries
you want, but do IM by hand (it's a simple matter of "./configure &&
make && make install").

(Speaking of library problems, why won't Boost build on my OS X
system?!?!)