[boston-lisp-organizers] Re: query re: the boston lisp meetings/conferences

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:51:12 UTC 2008

I can wait for the topic, as long as I can announce it one month in advance.

That said, I'm not certain what you mean by gradual type checking. If
it's the same as the "soft typing" of Chez Scheme or CMUCL/SBCL, i.e.
"statically typed if you can prove it, fall back to dynamic if you
can't", then I kind of have the feeling that the general principle is
already well understood by the community -- unless you're going to
talk specifically about a cool advanced analysis technique, such as
those produced by Olin Shivers and his students. That could make a
nice 50' or longer talk, but it's a hard thing to talk about.

CheneyMTA could make a cool 25' talk, or a nice 50' one if given
deeper background or compared to other techniques.

BTW, after talking to potential people, I've decided that the talk
formats would be better 50'+Q&A for normal, 25'+Q&A for short, and
90'+Q&A for long. Indeed, 50'+Q&A seems to be the standard length for
which those participating in academic conferences have already
prepared speeches or for which they will be able to reuse new
speeches.

Politicians are like rats. What they steal for themselves is minuscule
compared to what they destroy getting it.