[Bese-devel] How can I help

Anton Rizov anton.rizov at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:48:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM, <burban at opopop.net> wrote:

> Anton Rizov <anton.rizov at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've been researching ucw for a few days and I definitely want to learn
>
> The official project site is there: http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw
>
> > more. The best way in my experience is to start working on some
> > trivial improvements either in code or documentation.
> >
> > How can I help?
> >

> I learned UCW by writing a web site with it: http://lisp.opopop.net
> You will find the full code of the site there, as an example (even if
> it is not stellar "UCW style" code).
>
> Actually I have already downloaded both lisp-app and paragent and read the
sources.
They were quite useful and I can only thank you for providing
them.<http://paragent.com/>

> There are several quite decent beginners tutorials about UCW. But
> documenting with real life examples the advanced aspects of UCW is
> lacking.

I can't claim I understand these advanced aspects but I can try to build and

document such a sample application. Can we build a list of things to be
demonstrated? Any ideas what it (the application) should do?

For the code, I see work to be done in cleaning up the core even more
> (there are a lot of unused files in ucw-core currently), improving its
> extensibility and actually providing some useful extensions.
>
> Indeed I noticed there are unused files. I'll try to do a clean up.

Also I was a little confused that there are two different implementations
of user-login component. It looks like one of them is only used in adim app
and the other one is actually exported for clients to use.

Regards.