[Bese-devel] How can I help

burban at opopop.net burban at opopop.net
Wed May 12 22:23:30 UTC 2010

Anton Rizov <anton.rizov at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> > There are several quite decent beginners tutorials about UCW. But
> > documenting with real life examples the advanced aspects of UCW is
> > lacking.
> >

> I can't claim I understand these advanced aspects but I can try to build and
> document such a sample application. Can we build a list of things to be
> demonstrated? Any ideas what it (the application) should do?

You can see the advanced aspects at work in the ucw_ajax demos, which
I run at http://ucw.opopop.net. A useful task would be to try to
explain them more thoroughly and in the process backport them to
ucw-core, with a more "real-life" feel. (A warning though about some
of the demos: they are based on an old version of Dojo, which doesn't
work exactly the same with the latest browsers. Your best bet is
Iceweasel in Debian Etch.)

If you take that path, notice that I have backported to ucw-core basic
ajax functionality, but with jquery. (Here also, I noticed recently that
depending on browser, my code may not work! A correction is in the
pipeline.)

> For the code, I see work to be done in cleaning up the core even more
> > (there are a lot of unused files in ucw-core currently), improving its
> > extensibility and actually providing some useful extensions.
> >
> > Indeed I noticed there are unused files. I'll try to do a clean up.
>
> Also I was a little confused that there are two different implementations
> of user-login component. It looks like one of them is only used in adim app
> and the other one is actually exported for clients to use.

There are certainly other cases of not completely rational ucw code
you are welcome to hunt down.

Regards.

--

B. Urban