[Bese-devel] Non Javascript Links

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:46:06 UTC 2008

> (let ((action-object (register-action (:with-call/cc t)
>                        (call 'fallback-playlist :playlist (playlist self)))))
>   (<:object :data (action-href action-object) ...))

you can use action-href-body shortcut in situations like this.

> Where fallback-playlist is a window-component that spits out a basic
> SMIL playlist (falling back to a non-flash video/audio player so that
> folks like me can use the sites I build and flash using folks can have
> a nicer UI).
>
> Shouldn't UCW fetch the action/frame/session parameters from the URL
> if the request did not come in via a js action handler? I'm wondering
> if this is my fault or if ucw is broken slightly and no one has
> noticed.

it should work, but generally you shouldn't assume that ucw has no
bugs. i'd try rising the debug level of the ucw.rerl.dispatcher and
ucw.rerl.actions loggers and see if there's anything unusual. it
should give you a hint on what's going on.

also note that if there are forms involved some things get more tricky.

--
 attila

ps: the iolib backend is not tested much, but it seems unlikely that
the backend would break your code so that other things work
simultaneously.