[Bese-devel] Non Javascript Links

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Feb 8 17:36:02 UTC 2008

I ran into this a few months ago, but I am unsure if this behavior is
intended or not.

In ucw_ajax with at least the iolib backend the action/session/frame
parameters are ignored unless a link or button is processed via the
onclick js handler that <ucw:a and friends install. I've checked and
the parameters inserted into the url and the parameters object passed
to the onclick handler are identical so I fail to see why this is.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but now I want to be able to do
something like:

(let ((action-object (register-action (:with-call/cc t)
		       (call 'fallback-playlist :playlist (playlist self)))))
  (<:object :data (action-href action-object) ...))

Where fallback-playlist is a window-component that spits out a basic
SMIL playlist (falling back to a non-flash video/audio player so that
folks like me can use the sites I build and flash using folks can have
a nicer UI).

Shouldn't UCW fetch the action/frame/session parameters from the URL
if the request did not come in via a js action handler? I'm wondering
if this is my fault or if ucw is broken slightly and no one has
noticed.

--
I'm just thinking aloud; isn't thinking allowed?