[Bese-devel] UCW AJAX Problem

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:00:34 UTC 2007

> Thanks for answer, attila. When I change backend from built-in to mod_lisp, IE gets right XML answer (with increased counter and HTML elements) through AJAX, but can't render it properly. I think mod_lisp backend sends something different from built-in web server. Is it possible to turn on more detailed logging on JavaScript side ?

there's a slot on the application, 'apropos and the slime inspectors
are your friend... :)

> Another question about lisp implementations. I see that SBCL 1.0.6 collects garbage too long (up to 20 sec. with default options), it is not acceptable for production. UCW's AJAX branch don't compile with Lispworks 4.4 for Windows (errors related to MOPP), same thing with LispWorks 5 Personal Edition for Linux. What implementation(s) do you actually use ?

i use sbcl head, and it works fine for me. i've only seen such long gc
times when using lots of weak pointers (sbcl's gc is using linear
search at a point). i've minimized weak pointer usage it ucw (in a
recent patch), but there's still one per component. but again, you
shouldn't experience 20 secs with the latest ucw and sbcl.

lw's slot-value-using-class is passing in the slot name instead of the
effective slot instance, this may cause problems. they should read the
spec finally... :)

i'm personally not interested in lw, but patches are welcome.

--
 attila