Re[3]: [Bese-devel] UCW AJAX Problem

John Doe x-set at mail.ru
Wed Jun 27 04:58:25 UTC 2007

> there's a slot on the application, 'apropos and the slime inspectors
> are your friend... :)

OK ;-)

> i use sbcl head, and it works fine for me. i've only seen such long gc
> times when using lots of weak pointers (sbcl's gc is using linear
> search at a point). i've minimized weak pointer usage it ucw (in a
> recent patch), but there's still one per component. but again, you
> shouldn't experience 20 secs with the latest ucw and sbcl.

I simply forced welcome page of UCW example to refresh every second (with UCW's built-in server) with only 5 connections, and SBCL started to collect garbage every 20-30 sec. It stoped all jobs for 10-15 sec while GC. How to fix it ? May be there is an option
like (setf *use-generational-gc* t) ????

> i'm personally not interested in lw, but patches are welcome.>

Frankly speaking If there is a way to fix/avoid SBCL's GC problem, I'd prefer to use SBCL ('cause of more efficient compiler and license).

Best regards
XSet